Make a general enquiry about our online learning
Studying through Auckland Online is the faster, more flexible, more accessible way to advance your future.
* indicates a required field
Frequently Asked Questions about online learning
Applying to study online
How do I apply for an Auckland Online programme?
To apply for an Auckland Online programme, please select the Enquire Now button and one of our Programme Advisors will contact you. They will be able to answer your questions, provide advice and go through the application process with you.
Once I submit my application to study, what happens next?
Once you have applied to study, your application will be reviewed and processed to assess whether or not you meet your selected programme’s admission requirements. Once you are accepted into the programme, your Programme Advisors will contact you and guide you through the enrolment process.
What supporting documentation do I need to provide as part of my application?
As a domestic student, you will need to provide:
- Documents providing evidence of your name, date of birth, any name changes, citizenship or residency, such as a Birth Certificate, relevant pages of your passport, and/or a Citizenship Certificate.
- Documents providing evidence of what you have studied previously such as your official academic transcript, your official programme completion certificate, and/or your mark sheets.
How flexible is studying online? All the Auckland Online programmes have been designed to be flexible yet structured to help you gain the knowledge in the time you have.
Please note that each course will run between 10 or 12 weeks depending on the programme you select, and will have set deadlines for assessments.
Is studying alone an isolated experience, or will I be able to participate with other students on the programme?
If you are thinking of studying online and are worried about feeling isolated, you will be pleasantly surprised to learn that online study brings many opportunities to connect with others. The Auckland Online programmes have a very strong focus on creating supportive online communities of learning in a highly collaborative digital learning environment.
When I graduate will my qualification mention or reflect “online”?
Your qualification certificate will not indicate that the programme was taught online
What support will I receive studying with Auckland Online?
Once you are enrolled in an Auckland Online programme of study, a Student Success Advisor will be assigned to you and they will be able to provide you with advice and support throughout your student journey.
Definition of domestic students
Am I a domestic student?
You will be considered a domestic student if you are:
- A New Zealand citizen residing in New Zealand or abroad, or
- A New Zealand permanent resident residing in New Zealand or abroad, or
- An Australian citizen residing in New Zealand, or
- Am Australian permanent resident residing in New Zealand
Definition of international students
Am I an international student?
- a New Zealand citizen, or
- a New Zealand permanent resident, or
- a New Zealand resident visa holder.
- an Australian permanent resident residing outside New Zealand, or
- an Australian citizen residing outside New Zealand.